Friday, November 02, 2012

Three Reviews in the Times today

As my friends know, I pretty much view the film landscape through the prism of New York Times movie critics. I chuckle as cynically made Hollywood schlock is snarkily deconstructed by these critics.

But if I'm generally cynical about most Hollywood product, I keep my eye out for the winners, made for adults, that still come out from time to time.

Today there were reviews of three movies that sounded pretty good.

This Must Be The Place:
 That bizarre trailer with Sean Penn playing a Robert Smith-like musician, directed by Paolo Sorrentino. If this were opening in SF tonight I'd probably see a late show.   The ’80s Are Long Over, Yet the Makeup Remains




Flight:
Robert Zemeckis has made another movie with live humans in it! And it's apparently not that bad.  Life Takes Nose Dive, and Settles Into an Abyss


The Details:
Suburban Angst, again with Tobey Maguire.  Relentless Raccoons and Other Suburban Problems Money Can’t Always Fix

No comments:

Post a Comment